[Koha] Data Import problem in lates versions

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Mon Oct 27 14:55:05 NZDT 2014

On 2014-10-27, at 2:15 PM, Mason James wrote:

> On 2014-10-27, at 5:46 AM, Vinod Kumar Mishra wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am observing some data import related issues in 3.16.3/4 version but when i imported same record in 3.14.5 it worked fine and everything goes well approx 60 thousand record.
>>
>> Now in latest version when i am importing, it stuck at some point/% and ultimately i got error message.
>
> what was your error message?
>

>> The structure of my record is almost similar to below one, I feel their may be some more strict data validating rules in latest version of Koha which cause this problem but my marcedit software does not shows any error during validating the records. Please suggest the reasons and how to overcome this situation.

in my experience, i have found that Koha's 'bulkmarcimport.pl' tool seems to prefer marcxml files more than plain old marc files, for importing
i.e.: errors that are encountered in the marcxml file, seem to be handled better

try converting your marc file to a marcxml file (using marc2xml), then import

https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/MARC-XML/bin/marc2xml