[Koha] A Road Map for Koha

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 16:15:18 NZDT 2014

Salvete!

> 1.  To maintain a road map for Koha - that is not time based.
> 2.  The road map is to address both features and architecture.
> 3.  The monthly general meeting following each major release will
> consider updates to the road map.
> 4.  However maintenance of the road map can be a continuous process.

    I am very happy to see this hybridisation of a feature release model and our current time based model. I remember Paul's roadmaps quite favourably. Perhaps we didn't get everything done, but we could see what was planned and funded at a glance, so we knew what was most likely going to happen. :)

> _Wiki Curator_
> - a lot of work needs to be done to clean up the wiki;
> - could also participate (with some developers) in updating the wiki
> technology;
> - the role is not seen as a controller of wiki content or as being
> required to approve content, rather it is a curation task:  moving stuff
> around, keeping it tidy, collaborating with the wiki contributors (So,
> looking at stuff and asking:  Is this correct? Does it need to be
> updated?  Should it be moved?  Renamed? etc)

    Could this be like the QA team and bug wranglers? That is, what are people's thoughts on having more than one person working on cleaning the wiki? I've tried to do quite a bit of shuffling about over the years, I just hope that it's been helpful. I'm also trying to add pictures, information about people, and my top priority of late has been to polish up navigation on the Koha users pages. They used to be quite long and not terribly helpful, now they are shorter. When the update need arose at the meeting, I thought "Caw, we need a template for that..."
     Anyhow, if it's more than one person (and I hope that it is) I will certainly continue to help. :)

Cheers,
Brooke