[Koha] Koha Extra Records

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:55:32 NZDT 2014

Hi Crispin,

How are you doing?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:54 AM, Chrispin Simasiku Sitali <
libsitali at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings Koha Community,
>
> I am at my wits end. I have a marc file with 10 000 records on it. I want
> to have this in my Koha installation for searching only. I am currently
> cataloguing some books and I want to use this for searching through only,
> if I find a marching record for a particular book then I import it in my
> collection. When I finish cataloguing I then delete the collection because
> I may not need it any more Please how do I go about it.

I believe what you need to do is to get the MARC records staged for import
but not actually complete the import. Then when you make a search in the
cataloging module, you should get a hit from the reservoir which would have
the records you staged for import.

Go to  " Tools > Stage MARC records for import " then import the file,
don't follow through with the last step of importing into the catalog.

Once done with the cataloging, go to " Tools > Staged MARC management " and
you should be able to clean the records from the reservoir.

Hope this helps.

--
Olugbenga Adara

Skype: gbengaadara