[Koha] Cardnumber more than 16 characters

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 30 01:20:15 NZDT 2014

Greetings,

Evan Mungai Njoroge wrote:
> I have a problem with entering CardNumber
> more than 16 characters; how can
> I change to accommodate more than 16 characters.
> I have tried on SysPref -> Patrons --> CardnumberLength
> but still stuck at 16 characters. Any help appreciated.

http://schema.koha-community.org/tables/borrowers.html
The maximum size is limited by the field width of cardnumber in the
borrowers table. How big do you want your card number? Anything more than 16
seems like overkill, since there are only 7 billion people on the planet and
with 6 extra characters you can easily create a meaningful prefix.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett