[Koha] Problem with Zebra - search always turns up "No results found"

ccie 6862 ccie6862 at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 14:11:39 NZST 2014

I built this system around Thanksgiving or Christmas time for our church, but I'm self employed and have been slammed with regular work. I'm trying to get back to this, and just about everything seems to work except for the search function, which always results in "No results found," and printing out the spine labels. Here is some pertinent information:

Koha version:3.12.06.000
OS version ('uname -a'):Linux koha 2.6.32-220.el6.i686 #1 SMP Tue Dec 6 16:15:40 GMT 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
Zebra version:Zebra 2.0.56 (C) 1994-2013, Index Data ApS Zebra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. SHA1 ID: 739e721ee59f645cb821c8d3035a12aefae423f6 Using ICU
ErrorZebra server seems not to be available. Is it started?

There was an option to not use or use Zebra. Given this was a fairly small library, I believe I chose not to use Zebra initially. However, after trying to find why the search function wasn't working, I believe it's because of Zebra. I've installed Zebra according to http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.6_on_Centos_6.2_i386#Install_and_configure_Zebra, but when I try to start it using "zebrasrv -v all -f /etc/koha/koha-conf.xml", I see the server listening on port 9999 but not 9998. I was able to test Zebra in step 7, which seems to work just fine. The index also runs just fine without errors using "/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -r -v".

Does this appear to be a Zebra problem? Any idea how to get zebra listening on 9998? I don't find any zebra errors in the log. Thanks