[Koha] On a format of 'Framework code'

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Fri May 23 12:24:15 NZST 2014

On 22/05/14 18:53, zolot wrote:
> Hi Koha-community,
>
> I have the following questions to "Koha 3.14 Manual (en)".
>
> 1) Does a Koha-term 'framework' denote  the same object as a 'Field Definition Table' in CDS/ISIS ?
I am not familiar with CDS/ISIS however the terms seem to me to mean the
same thing.

> 2) What format has a 'Framework code' in the window 'Add framework' ?    Example ?
> (A path to this window:
> Home > Administration > MARC frameworks > Add framework).

Look at the Default framework.  That will show you the format.
Generally, customized frameworks will have fewer fields than the default
framework as they will be targeted to specific item types for which some
(many?) fields in the default framework will never be used.

I hope this answers your question.
Bob Birchall
Calyx