[Koha] How to fix a corrupted database

Phillip Ponchot pponchot at live.com
Sun May 18 19:36:22 NZST 2014

I'm running a very old version of Koha 3.0 and have had no problem backing up the database until now.

Whenever I try to dump the Koha database, I get an error 2013 - can't connect to mysql server.  There is a table and line number that is given showing that the dump of biblioitems dropped at a specific record number i.e 35432.  This happens also if I try to run a dump via the command line.   This happens every time I try at the same record.  Once the 2013 error occurs, no more processing happens including backing up subsequent tables in the Koha database.

I've tried to run a repair on this table but the repair apparently is not supported on this engine (mysql).  I tried this via mysql and mysqlcheck.

Since I have been able to run a query to find out what the record is, I'm hoping that the cataloger will be able to delete this record and reenter it correctly.  Hopefully this is the only record in question.

My question is:  is there any tool to repair the table that will work.

I've also tried to modify the my.cnf to lengthen the wait time and write time (since this can also create a 2013 error) but this did not resolve the issue.

Thanks for any info or suggestions.

Phillip