[Koha] What user account to use when re-indexing Zebra

Joel Ewy joel.ewy at gmail.com
Sat May 3 09:24:39 NZST 2014

It's unclear to me what user account I'm supposed to be using to rebuild
the Zebra index.  I have an Ubuntu user called 'koha' that was inherited
from 10.04, and when I created a new instance, another user 'bcmckoha14' was
created.  Am I supposed to be running the Zebra index rebuild as one of
those users?  I can 'su' to these accounts, but when I try to rebuild the
index, it prompts me for a sudo password and then complains that those user
accounts are not sudoers (which of course they shouldn't be.)  So just how
exactly is this supposed to be accomplished?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

JCE