[Koha] Upgrading Koha from 3.06 to 3.14

Manos PETRIDIS egpetridis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 21:02:45 NZDT 2014

Not only will this routine upgrade all  packages installed, but it is not what the original poster asked for. If I understand correctly, the scenario is either "now that we've tested the new version in a test installation, how do we go upgrading the older source-based installation, keeping the older hardware in place" or "will a recent by-packages installation automatically upgrade the older db once it is restored to the new machine?".

To provide a useful note, may I add that I used to have a git-based 3.08 installation myself and restored its db to a packages-based 3.14 one with no real problems. Koha applied all needed modifications to the db schema to bring it up to 3.14 level.

kind regards,
MP