[Koha] Nonfiling characters and sorting

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Tue Mar 18 11:01:19 NZDT 2014

Hi, Paul--

Our catalog does the same thing!  I confirmed that all the titles sorting
on "Die..." have a second indicator of "4" in the 245 field, so should be
sorting on the second word of those titles, but they are not--they're
sorting on that first character of the definite article:

http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=ccl%3Dti%252Cphr%253Aschiffe&sort_by=title_az&addto=

Thanks for calling this to our attention!  I looked, but couldn't find
anything about it in the Bugzilla--maybe someone else with better search
skills can find something?

Best,
heather
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
Cultural Resources and Museum Management Division
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
heather_hernandez at nps.gov
415-561-7032 (voice)       415-556-3540 (fax)
http://www.nps.gov/safr/historyculture/library-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg