[Koha] Vendor number in serials records

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Mar 4 14:18:24 NZDT 2014

Yes, that seems a logical place to put it.  But I'm looking at a record
which we created in Koha, and then linked to a vendor, and there is no MARC
037 field in this record.  Koha appears to store this information
elsewhere, but where? The vendor only appears when I click on the
Subscriptions tab in the biblio record, and then "subscription details"
>From there, you can get to the vendor.    I'm looking for the place this
internal link is stored, because I'm trying to add it to the incoming
records so the staff won't have to manually link all the subscriptions to
the correct vendors.
Thanks

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM, Irma Birchall <irma at calyx.net.au> wrote:

> I think like Bernardo 037 for the vendor name and number.  This subfield
> is repeatable > additional information could be added that is relevant to
> the subscription info .....
> I would choose $n and make that subfield in the Serials Framework
> mandatory and set it so that this info does not show in the OPAC.
>
> Cheers,
> Irma
> CALYX
>

> On 4 March 2014 09:45, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel <bgkriegel at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Elaine,
>> perhaps MARC21 037 (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd037.html)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bernardo
>>

>> --
>> Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
>> bgkriegel at gmail.com
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Elaine Bradtke <eb at efdss.org> wrote:

>> > (ah, the joys of an esoteric collection). The vendor information has
>> been
>> > successfully converted and uploaded to our test site. This in turn
>> > generated vendor numbers, which have been extracted so we know which
>> serial
>> > should link to what vendor number.
>> > It would be a simple thing to add these vendor numbers to the serials
>> > records during the conversion process prior to upload.  But, unless I'm
>> > missing something, this number doesn't go into the MARC record.  If it
>> > does, what field (MARC 21)?
>> >
>> > Where would the vendor number need to go in order to add the vendor
>> number
>> > to the incoming serials records? Another table in the database?
>> >
>> > I hope this is doable, otherwise my colleague who deals with the
>> serials is
>> > going to have a tedious job manually linking them.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Elaine Bradtke
>> > Data Wrangler
>> > VWML
>> > English Folk Dance and Song Society | http://www.efdss.org
>> > Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent's Park Road, London NW1 7AY
>> > Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance
>> and
>> > Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally,
>> send
>> > an e-mail first. I work off site)

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler