[Koha] Athena to Koha

Jerwyn Fernandez jerwyn_fernandez at southville.edu.ph
Tue Jun 24 15:23:54 NZST 2014

Fiji,

Link below are my reference during the time we migrated our system Athena
to KOHA,

http://library.bridgton.lib.me.us/BPL_mediawiki/index.php/Exporting_Athena_Holdings_Data_and_Importing_it_into_Koha

and

http://nemla.musiclibraryassoc.org/presentations/GoodByeAthenaHelloKoha.pdf

We just recently successfully migrated our Integrated Library System to
KOHA.

Based on our experienced, when we were just starting the most difficult
part is, when we migrated our records to KOHA. By manipulating MARC records
of Athena to KOHA, due to we don't have yet any background about MarcEdit.
But now we can do it with our eyes closed.

Upon studying, researching and asking couple of people, I was lucky that I
was able to met my mentor Eugene Espinoza here in KOHA Community, that he
help me through out our migration.

I encourage you to use MarcEdit version 5.9, specially for those records
that has multiple items.

I am glad that you showed interested in KOHA the best open source there is!

Provided link http://library.southville.edu.ph/ is our product of Athena to
KOHA.

Regards,

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Manny Tamayao <manny_tamayao at sil.org>
wrote:

> Good day Fiji,
>
> We did it two years ago.
> From Athena, you can export your marc data from Cataloging>Export MARC
> Records>select range "Barcode", put a filename then choose where to save
> your data and finally I do suggest choose "Export as multiple MARC
> records".
>
> You can use MarcEdit http://marcedit.reeset.net/ to clean and map your
> MARC data in preparation for import in Koha (e.g. 852 to 952, adding your
> homebranch, etc..). It would be easier if you have a librarian or someone
> with you who understand MARC.
>
> Hope it helps,
> Manny
>

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 05:13:17 +0000
> From: Gyaneshwar Narayan <gyaneshwar.narayan at usp.ac.fj>
> To: "koha at lists.katipo.co.nz" <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>
> Subject: [Koha] Athena to Koha
>
> Good afternoon from Fiji
>
> May I ask if anyone has done a migration from Athena 9.2 to the Koha???
> If yes, then is there a documentation of the steps used???
> Also, is there a PDF or webpage I can view to help me in doing cosmetic
> changes to the Koha site and the OPAC???
> In addition, is there a list of all the features of Koha???
> Sorry about asking so many questions but could anyone help please.
>
> Regards.

*BE AMAZING. BE SOUTHVILLE.*

Jerwyn G. Fernadez, RL
Basic Education Librarian
Southville International School and Colleges
Tel: 825-6374 loc.117/146

*Like us            https://www.facebook.com/sisc.monarchs
<https://www.facebook.com/sisc.monarchs>*
*Follow us        https://twitter.com/SISCMonarchs