[Koha] On import frameworks

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 01:44:44 NZST 2014

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 5:31 AM, zolot <zolot at imath.kiev.ua> wrote:

> Hi, Koha-users !
>

> 1) Does "import the framework" mean "to copy" or "to move" it ?

It means to create a new framework by grabbing it from somewhere else. So
you have a framework that some else created and you add it to your system
by importing it. It's not a copy or a move - although I guess it's copying
from someone else and putting it on your system.

> 2) What does it mean the word "another" in the proposition:
>
>       "An easy way to create a new framework is to import it from another
> Koha database" ? Is it a database from other Koha installation ? Or, maybe,
> it is a database from current Koha installation ?

Any other Koha database. Another one you have or one someone else has. I'll
try to clarify that in the manual.

> 3) Where can I know from what file is a "Spreadsheet file" in the dialog
> box "Import"?

It says on the dialog box in parenthesis that a spreadsheet file is csv,
ods, or xml.