[Koha] Zebra index - two instances on one Server

Fabio Tiana fabio.tian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 21:49:39 NZST 2014

Sorry but I don't have access to a tarball installation at the moment!
However, given you can manually reindex the two instances, you could check
your cron for rebuild_zebra.pl and see which koha-conf.xml points to. My
guess is that there is one environment variable set up, KOHA_CONF, pointing
to a specific koha-conf.xml and referred by cron, thus reindexing just one
instance.

I noticed you also have two different paths with the code, don't know what
you're trying to accomplish with your setup but I'm not sure this is the
best way to do it.

A smart way to have it working could be to switch to a package
installation: this way instances (and cron) are mostly configured for you
by some nice scripts. If you want to know more:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Moving_an_installation_from_a_regular_install_to_the_Debian_packages

I suggest you to make a full backup before tweaking, it could be tricky to
fix errors caused by wrong uses of Zebra!

Hope this helps!

Fabio