[Koha] Barcode population/import

tony.h tony.hetrick at keiin.kg
Sun Jun 15 20:33:01 NZST 2014

Greetings,

Apparently, I'm missing something in the documentation that should be common
to many library setups: Importing or creating barcodes

 * Using an ISBN list, we have successfully used MarcEdit to build the MARC
records from the LOC
 * We inturn imported the .mrc file into Koha
 * However, without the barcodes, we can't checkin/checkout any books
 * We could manually edit each item and enter it (painful!). Or we could
write some SQL code to enter it based on the matching ISBN number, but I
read that the Zebra indexing needs to be rebuilt following that. Which leads
me to believe that there is an easier way...

Questions:
What are the best options for going about this?
1) Does Koha have an auto-barcode generation tool? If so, where is it?
2) What is the procedure for importing a list of barcodes that correspond to
the matching ISBN number?

Best Regards,
Tony