[Koha] On strange "Auto-RE :" mails to Koha-forum

zolot zolot at imath.kiev.ua
Mon Jun 16 21:44:15 NZST 2014

Dear BWS Johnson !

This is your letter to me:
Salvete!
> 1) why not in English (recollect that the working language of Koha-forum is
> English),

The language is the preference of the user. One is more likely to get a reply in English than Chinese, but there *are* Chinese users. I'd rather not disenfranchise anyone based on their language.

Cheers,
Brooke

You are right almost in everything (як усі люди !!!) . Even because you left regardless the following part of my report:

<< 2) why 'auto-RE:', i.e.  you use an answering machine or a robot (what is your purpose?)>>.

However, see, please,

Look a next to last line. It is written there:

" Which language do you prefer to display your message ? - English (USA) "

You will pay attention that "English (USA)"  does NOT have an ALTERNATIVE !!!

I find that this decision of the forum organizers is EXPEDIENT.

And in relation to languages - I envy those people which know many languages. Особливо тим, хто володіє китайською мовою (хоча б із словником). Хто віднесеться із розумінням до Ваших email-ів на Коха-форум , якщо вони будуть написані, наприклад, латиною !!!

That is all.

"Cheers" are not obligatory.

Gennady

PS: I continue to get the answers of the "Chinese robot" for my letters to the Koha-forum. What do you think about it ?
Did you see this "Auto-RE :"-emails ? As a list member of the Koha-forum, you should see such emails in your mailbox.