[Koha] User tagging

Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
Thu Jun 12 20:58:04 NZST 2014

Hi!

I work with two libraries (one public library quite new to Koha and one small school library) that use tags. They are somewhat useful, but it’s clear that to tap into the potential of creating a folksonomy you need to take Metcalfe’s law into account and populate the tags with data from far larger services than the local library. The problem is particularly difficult in such a small language area as Sweden. It’s hard enough to get even a national service to get user tagging really going. With that said I’ve been hoping to integrate our Koha installations with the national service for user created metadata when they get their new APIs up and running in the future.

Regards
/Viktor

Viktor Sarge
Utvecklingsledare
Regionbibliotek Halland
Kultur i Halland

TFN: 035-17 98 73
E-POST: Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
BESÖKSADRESS: Södra vägen 9, 30180 Halmstad
WEBB: www.regionhalland.se/regionbibliotek