[Koha] possible bug

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Thu Jun 12 01:27:56 NZST 2014

At 10:36 AM 6/11/2014 +0200, Hugo Agud wrote:
>Dear all
>Before opening a bug, I wish to check with you one issue with attach item.
>(I have checked bugzilla and we have not been able to find a bug like this)
>Koha 3.14.3
>We have moved one item from one bib record to another using 'attach item'
>and it has copied the items, but it has not the items from the original bib.
>Anybody else have seen this behaviour (in previous koha versions worked
>fine)

This is "normal" (at least in 3.8).  You must
run  ./bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r -v -x  from
usr/share/koha to eliminate the "ghost".  It's slightly annoying, but we
have got used to it.  There are three scenarios that regularly require this
intervention: moving an item, deleting a biblio and replacing a record via
Z39.50 import.  Downside, a few seconds during which all search functions
and some write functions fail -- but end result is an improved "proper"
database.

Best -- Paul