[Koha] Basic user instruction?

Karen Brown brownk at monterey.org
Tue Jun 10 03:45:01 NZST 2014

We are transitioning to Koha this month.  I am having some concerns about
showing this new display to children and teaching them to quickly locate
 the entries for children on their topic, the library location, its status
and call number.  I am thinking  that the call numbers and availability are
not as visible as our last OPAC.  They are almost hidden in parentheses
after lots of other publisher information.  The opportunity to limit to
youth materials and our building are down below the first screen.  I am
told that much of this can't be changed. I am hoping that some of you who
work with children or customers with limited English or limited library
experience will share with me your techniques for teaching the use of this
catalog.    Thank you.

Karen Brown
Youth Services Manager
Monterey Public Library