[Koha] Why OPAC results from "Library Catalog", but not 'Title' or 'Author'?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Jun 8 12:09:16 NZST 2014

Hey all,

When I do a search in OPAC, (Koha 3.08) I can get results if I have
"Library Catalog" selected, but the same search returns no results if I
search on 'Title', 'Author', or any of the other options in the
pull-down.  Does this mean Koha is finding the MARC record but not the
holdings?  If I select one of the results from the "Library Catalog"
search, there is a tab at the bottom that says "Holdings (1)" and has
presumably correct data.  Any big-picture information on the
relationship between the MARC records, the holdings data, and how Zebra
does its indexing would be most helpful.  Thanks,

Joel Ewy