[Koha] Can we do bulk deletion for bib records

Karam Qubsi karamqubsi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 14:31:40 NZST 2014

*Hi Mohammad , *

I think this documentation can help you ,
http://perldoc.koha-community.org/misc/batchdeletebiblios.html

You have to make sure that your bib records is not linked to any items
record then you put the list of bib no. (that you want to delete them) . in
a text file and pass this file to the script  .
perl batchdeletebiblios.pl tobedeleted.txt

Bests.

On Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM, Mohammad Nashbat <MNashbat at alfaisal.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if we can do bulk deletion for r bib records, I can see a file
> called "batchdeletebiblios.pl" in Cron but not sure how to use it. We are
> using Koha 3.14.05, Linux Debian 3.2.54-2 x86_64.
>

> Thanks & Best Regards,
>
> Mohammed Nashbat
> Academic Resource Librarian
> Alfaisal University
>

> ________________________________
>
> DISCLAIMER: This electronic mail transmission contains confidential
> information intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution,
> copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you
> received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply
> e-mail and then destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions, and other
> information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
> Alfaisal University shall understand to be neither given nor endorsed by
> Alfaisal University. The contents of any attachment to this e-mail may
> contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system.
> While "Alfaisal University" has taken every reasonable precaution to
> minimize this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you
> sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own
> virus checks before opening the attachment.

*Karam Qubsi*