[Koha] OAI datasets

Steve Sowder sowder at andrews.edu
Thu Jul 31 03:36:27 NZST 2014

This is what I know.

I have read again the info at
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html#Set

It now makes more sense to me.

OAI databases are created with the full records of the database.
In our case that is about 190,000 records.

SetSpecs are subsets of the database (for "Selective Harvesting").

Any record can be in zero or more SetSpecs.

In Koha, when an OAI set is defined that new SetSpec will appear in the
ListSets.
(i.e. http://koha.andrews.edu/cgi-bin/koha/oai.pl?verb=ListSets)
without rerunning the program build_oai-set.pl.
At least, it appears after overnight.

However, there are still no records (should be 70,000) in either of the
SetSpecs.
Which is what I don't understand.

The mapping follows the instructions given in the documentation.

So, questions:
Is mapping only available to certain MARC tags?
Indexed tags only?

For those of you that have SetSpecs with records please send me examples
of your set mapping.

Thanks

Steve
sowder at andrews.edu