[Koha] Change SIP Port

Phillip Ponchot pponchot at live.com
Fri Jul 25 04:04:43 NZST 2014

I did as you said and I'm now seeing SIP responding and Koha listening on port 8023.  Running a telnet test, I see that I attach to port 8023 I connect then the connection drops.

Connecting to 65.100.74.75 ...
Connected to 65.100.74.75
Connection closed

I've tried this also inside the network with the same result and I've tried this test on the server itself with the same result.

Things that I've done to resolve this issue:
1. I've checked the sip-error.log but what I find there does not address the issue.
2. I've checked the firewall and then even uninstalled ufw and iptables-persistent.
3. I've checked and rechecked open and listening ports in case there is something blocking the port.
4. While checking the telnet response to try to find out why the connection was being closed telnet to 8023 started working and I could send and receive SIP packets.  As soon as the server was rebooted, this behavior quit.

my questions:

1.  Is Koha itself "hardwired" to port 8023 or can I change the port to another one?
2. I've used netstat and nmp to check to see what is running or listening and on what port, is there any other suggestions on how to check this issue.
3.  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the Connection drop further, has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

Thanks for any help because I apparently need it - smile.

Phillip

"It was another darn good plan ruined by reality!" - smile again.