[Koha] Report to find biblios without dates in 008 - needs work

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Jul 24 10:45:31 NZST 2014

I'm halfway there:

SELECT biblionumber,
SUBSTR(ExtractValue(m.marcxml,'//controlfield[@tag="008"]'),8,4) as Date
FROM biblioitems m
LEFT JOIN biblio b USING (biblionumber)
WHERE Date = '||||'

Doesn't quite work.  If I omit the last line, it spits out a list of all
our biblios, and the date.
I'd like to limit the results to just the biblios with |||| in the first
date section of the 008
WHERE (Date = '||||') didn't work.
NULL in place of '||||' doesn't work either.
WHERE (ExtractValue(m.marcxml,'//controlfield[@tag="008"]'),8,4) = '||||'
also didn't work.

I've exhausted my cut and paste abilities. . . .

--
Elaine Bradtke (What I don't know about SQL would fill a few books)
Data Wrangler