[Koha] Biblio appears twice (absolute duplicate down to timestamp and biblio and control numbers)

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Jul 22 04:58:05 NZST 2014

Just an update on how we fixed this.
We followed Paul's advice and flushed the Varnish cache, but this did not
solve the problem.
I downloaded the good record. Deleted it from Koha, uploaded it again -
thereby generating a new biblio number for it.  We still could not get to
the bad record in Koha, it showed up in a search result, but if you clicked
on it,  an error message would appear saying it was not found. We copied
the whole catalogue over to our test site and tried searching there, no
sign of the bad record. Digging around in the SQL proved that this was
correct, the bad record did not exist. Diagnosis - this is an indexing
problem.
We then did an aggressive re-indexing of the zebra and this cleared out the
bad data. No more ghost record.
We had reindexed when the bad record was first discovered, but that time it
didn't work. I'm not sure if it was the fact that the good record's biblio
number was changed or we used different re-indexing commands or both that
finally cleared it up.