[Koha] Merging branches in koha database

Manoj m9jiihmr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 23:48:27 NZST 2014

Dear Friends

I am new to Koha.

We are running koha in or organization. Somebody in our organization, setup
koha and it is working since then.

I am assigned a task in koha. I have seen tables in koha database little
bit.

In branches table,

It has 8 branches records..

Out of these 8 records,

Two Branches are going to merge. For Example.

branchcode=AA

branchcode=AB

Now I have to make these two branches in to one branch with branchcode A

but this branchcode has many relationships in other tables.

What is the right way of doing it.

What I understand is that, First I change the values in all tables where
branch code is there

like AA should be changed to A and AB should be changed to A

Then finally I change either AA or AB in branch table., to A, and delete
one row which I don't change.

Then Will it work?

In OPAC, there are some report/search, in that some statistics come

So that report should also be change. I think this will change, it values
in tables will be changes.

Please suggest.

Thanks for help.
Manoj