[Koha] patron categories [bulkmarcimport]

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 02:23:01 NZST 2014

Eric, I've read the changes from 5.5 to 5.6, and don't seem to be a way to
prevent the problems you found with any option switch.
I don't think 3.14 would do it better.

You should fill the bug, and remeber you can have a separate DB server
until we solve it.

Regards
To+

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Eric Lease Morgan <
eric_morgan at infomotions.com> wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Eric Lease Morgan <
> eric_morgan at infomotions.com> wrote:
>
> >> I recommend that you downgrade to MySQL 5.5, or better install on top
> of Ubuntu LTS/Debian Wheeze. I recommend Ubuntu 12.04 Server. And follow
> the official instructions [2].
> >>
> >> [1]
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/upgrading-from-previous-series.html
> >> [2] http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages
> >

> > Alas, I can not afford to downgrade MySQL nor find an additional
> operating system. Instead, I have installed Koha version 3.16.01 on a
> machine with MySQL 5.1. Tomorrow I will dump the initialized database and
> import it into MySQL on a different machine where I plan to run Koha for
> “real". Wish me luck. I’m making progress.
>

> Four steps forward and three steps back.
>
> I installed Koha 3.16.01 on a different host. I dumped the database. I
> installed Koha 3.16.01 on yet a different host, sans database
> initialization. Then, my hand, I populated my koha database with the
> database dump from the first host. After doing this I was able to add
> patrons, namely, myself. There were no weird errors. All of this was four
> steps forward. Then I:
>
>   1. used the Z39.50 interface to add some bibliographic records. I
> searched the Library of Congress for books on origami. I got a list. I
> tried to add one to my catalog. After filling out a number of fields I said
> go, but it did not save. I forget what the error was. I tried other
> searches, and no matter what I searched for I got no results. It seemingly
> broke. One step backwards.
>
>   2. tried to stage some records. Import. See all 1,400 of them. I cleaned
> them. I try to import the staged records and get "No data available in
> table”. A second step backwards.
>
>   3. su’ed to the koha user. I set my environment variables. I ran
> bulkimport.pl and I got the same errors as before. ".DBD::mysql::st
> execute failed: Field 'marcxml' doesn't have a default value at
> /usr/local/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 3222, <GEN15> line 1465. ERROR in
> _koha_add_biblioitem INSERT INTO biblioitems SET” Searches against my OPAC
> return Zebra error 109. I have no bibliographic data. A third step backward.
>
> I’m running out of options. I will:
>
>   1. try to repeat the above process but with version 3.14
>   2. break down and use my “different host”
>
>> Eric

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
✆ +54 351 5353750 ext 13168
GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F