[Koha] patron categories [bulkmarcimport]

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 14:43:17 NZST 2014

Eric, the problem seems to be MySQL 5.6, I haven't got through a detailed
review (I don't have it for testing right now) but there are several
changes since MySQL 5.5, notably several default configurations and other
backwards incompatible changes [1].

I recommend that you downgrade to MySQL 5.5, or better install on top of
Ubuntu LTS/Debian Wheeze. I recommend Ubuntu 12.04 Server. And follow the
official instructions [2].

Also, I'd like you to fill a bug in our tracker
http://bugs.koha-community.org
Name it something like 'Webinstaller fails to load sql data on MySQL 5.6'.
Please paste the errors you saw, not all of them, but a representative
example.

Hopefully we can find a solution for this. Unfortunately not everyone might
be interested as the vast majority of the devs, so please be patient, or
ask for advise on the bug itself if you want to provide a fix yourself.

Best regards
Tomás

[1]
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/upgrading-from-previous-series.html