[Koha] RDA searching and display

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Jul 1 22:10:46 NZST 2014

Hi all,

I understand that new Koha installations includes the RDA tags and
subfields in the MARC21 frameworks.

However on looking at the Zebra search configuration (in package install
in /etc/koha/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/record.abs and biblio*) I
cannot see any reference to tag 264 for RDA publication info tag.

Similarly I cannot see any reference to 264 in the xsl stylesheets for
displaying detail records
(/usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/MARC21slim2intranetDetail.xsl
and
/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/xslt/MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl).

I am not a cataloguer and have not been following the great RDA debate
so I do not know exactly what needs indexing and how it needs
displaying, but just wanted to check with the list that I had not missed
anything obvious.

If it does need to be done (indexing and display of RDA tags) should I
raise a bugzilla for each of these and link them to bug 10344 that is a
holding bug for all RDA bugs?

All the best.
Ian

--
Ian Bays
Director of Projects, PTFS Europe Limited
email: ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com