[Koha] Problems with frameworks

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 23 06:14:13 NZDT 2014

Greetings,

I am use 3.14.x and master, though I think this problem goes back a bit further. I am using MARC21.

I log into the staff client. I click Koha administration.  I click MARC bibliographic framework. In the left hand side, I scroll down to find MARC bibliographic framework test. I click it. I am then shown a pretty table, which tells me “You have 1 error(s) in your MARC configuration. Please fix them before using Koha”.

I have back end access, so I figured I’d try to make sense of the message. I see it ran http://192.168.45.28:8080/cgi-bin/koha/admin/checkmarc.pl, so I take a look at the source for admin/checkmarc.pl to see if I can determine how the error was triggered.

The second line in the table says “item fields”, so I figure it is talking about lines 87 to 110 in master. I see the SQL is:
    select tagfield,tab,kohafield from marc_subfield_structure where kohafield like "items.%" and tab >=0;
So, I try running that in my backend mysql client.

There are 447 rows, and most are on tab 10, but tag 541 isn’t always? It’s items.stocknumber and so I try a different query:
    select tagfield,tagsubfield, tab,kohafield,frameworkcode from marc_subfield_structure where kohafield like "items.stocknumber";
And here in begins the confusion.

I see that 952$i and 541$e are sometimes mapping to the same kohafield items.stocknumber, and occasionally they are not. I also see 541$e sometimes on tag 5, 9, or 10. So, can anyone clear up what they should map to, if anything, and what tab they are supposed to be on?

GPML,
Mark Tompsett