[Koha] Prices and tax in koha (also send on koha-devel)

BOUIS Sonia sonia.bouis at univ-lyon3.fr
Sun Jan 19 02:45:53 NZDT 2014

Hi,
I'm not very fast to answer but I'm still interested by the question so I will try to answer at Galen's questions and I hope that there'll be several answers.
- If you get quoted a price for an item, is that price inclusive or exclusive of tax?
It depends on the vendor : some are giving price including tax and other not. But they always do the same manner.
- Do you want to be able to account for taxes in a separate fund from the fund that pays for the main cost of the item?
No, in my library, we don't need that. But I think it's true in other institutions
- As a library, are there taxes that you would pay when purchasing items that subsequently get refunded at the end of the year?
No, we don't have any refund at the end of the year
- If a vendor gives you a discount, is the discount applied to the pre-tax price or the price that includes tax?
The discount is applied on price including tax
- What factors govern the tax rate that applies to a given item?
It depends on the origin of the vendor (France, European Union, Non European Union)

Your turn.. :)

Regards

Sonia BOUIS
Responsable du Système intégré de gestion des bibliothèques
SERVICE COMMUN DE LA DOCUMENTATION
Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3
6 Cours Albert Thomas - B.P. 8242 - 69355 Lyon Cedex 08

ligne directe : +33 (0)4 78 78 79 03 | Fax : +33 (0)4 78 78 79 89
http://scd.univ-lyon3.fr<http://scd.univ-lyon3.fr/>

L'Université Jean Moulin est membre fondateur de l'Université de Lyon