[Koha] how do I use z3590 with coha for shared cataloguing from Italian libraries?

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Thu Jan 9 22:28:34 NZDT 2014

Hi,

Il 08/01/2014 23:05, La Biblioteca del Garibaldi ha scritto:

> My computer has a windows OS  so I followed all the instructions given to
> run koha on a virtual box see here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W4vUwEQK5alc474WEt0h38qQ5VOGJxPpnJiytxJSgu0/edit

Do you use the first or the second methods described in this document ?
Probably with the first method you  receive a Koha with MARC21 setup.

To check your setup go to:
Koha administration ==> Global system preferences and seek 'marcflavour'.

If the result is 'Unimarc', no problem to use z39.50 params written by
Paul A.
If the 'MARC21' you can derivate only from Library of Congress and
others MARC21 source.
The more relavalt MARC21 italian sites are:
Polo SBN CEI
server: www.ceibib.glauco.it
port: 3950
Db: PBE

Università Cattolica
server: 217.112.157.24
port: 210
Db: INNOPAC

Universita di Catania
server: 151.97.20.116
port: 210
Db: INNOPAC

Library of Congress buys many titles from Italy, the records
are quickly avaibles from its z39.50

--
Dr. Zeno Tajoli
Dipartimento Gestione delle Informazioni e della Conoscenza
z.tajoli at cineca.it
fax +39 02 2135520
CINECA - Sede operativa di Segrate