[Koha] Using Koha without barcodes

Fischer, Katrin Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de
Thu Feb 20 03:59:50 NZDT 2014

Hi Lars,

there is a new feature in 3.14 that will allow checking out books without having to use barcodes.

See: http://koha-community.org/koha-3-14-release-managers-update-2/

"Bug 7494: optional checkout-time fallback search for a book. This enhancement adds an option to perform a keyword search to look up an item during checkout if it is not found by barcode. This means that Koha will no longer require item barcodes for circulation to work — a feature that hopefully will be of use for special collections."

Hope this helps,

Katrin