[Koha] [Koha-oz] Quick spine label printing

SACOTC librarian librarian at sacotc.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 12 11:47:19 NZDT 2014

Hi Moyra,

I use the Brother QL 570 for my spine labels, barcodes and other labels and
it's great.

I don't generate labels from Koha but the printer comes with a software
package that enables you to set up the labels in the way that you'd like
them to print. I just cut and paste from Koha for my spine labels and it's
quick and easy. I keep a running spreadsheet of barcode alpha-numeric
'numbers' and the programme creates the barcode from each number.

The printer doesn't require ink and I've tested the labels by leaving them
directly in the sun for a few weeks and they didn't fade or discolour. I
don't know how they will go over time but we cover them with
archive-quality label protectors which should help preserve the labels.

The best thing about the printer is that it cost me $50 and the refill
rolls are inexpensive and last for a long time.

The printer would not be practical for a large library, but it is adequate
for our small library.

Regards,
Deborah