[Koha] Activating SMS facility for koha in India

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Wed Feb 12 05:29:45 NZDT 2014

Mahesh,

I know you can use email to send an SMS to a phone.  Check out this page for examples, there is one Indian carrier listed: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/email-to-sms/

Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz [mailto:koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz] On Behalf Of Mahesh Angadi
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:48 AM
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Cc: lis-forum at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in
Subject: [Koha] Activating SMS facility for koha in India

Dear Members,

I have installed koha (3.8.6 version) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS using liblivecd
developed by Dr. A. R. D. Prasad. Using postfix, we are able to relay
circulation email notices from gmail account.  Now we want to provide
circulation notices on patrons cellphone in form of SMS.

I searched through the mailing list, however, so far I could not get a
suitable solution.

I could locate file SMS.pm in C4 directory and files like Send.pm,
Driver.pm, Test.pm in /usr/share/perl5/SMS directory.

Kindly guide me in this reagrad.

--
Mr. Mahesh M. Angadi,
Librarian,