[Koha] Biblionumber and barcode incremented many times: please help

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Feb 11 06:46:19 NZDT 2014

I think we need more information to help.
Has he done any batch imports lately?
Is he finding the same catalog records duplicated?  In other words if he
searches on a title, does the same basic catalog record come up with
different biblio numbers and barcodes?

Is the autoBarcode preference set to generate barcodes automatically?
(Home>Administration>System preferences>Cataloging)

We had a problem with ghost records a while back, but it was a zebra
problem. It only looked like we had duplicate records, they didn't really
exist.  But it sounds like this is a different problem.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Vimal Kumar V. <vimal0212 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> One of my friend faced a problem with Koha version 3.12.3.
> His Koha contains about 60000 records. Few days back his PC seems slow in
> performance.
> He checked the records and found that about 180000 records now in Koha!!
> Biblionumber and barcodes have incremented many times.
> Please see the report screenshot,
>
> http://postimg.org/image/dq8ltomxf/
>
> Anybody got this type of problem before?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Vimal Kumar V.
> Technical Assistant
> Mahatma Gandhi University Library
> Kottayam, Kerala- 686 560
> Web: http://www.vimalkumar.info
> Blog: http://linuxhalwa.blogspot.com http://kohageek.blogspot.in
> http://moovandan.blogspot.in

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)