[Koha] Proposal for fund raising for Koha - to discuss/vote at December General Meeting.

Consul Bruce Metcalf consuls at augustansociety.org
Wed Dec 17 07:02:40 NZDT 2014

On 12/09/2014 03:57 PM, Brendan Gallagher wrote:
> After discussing with many of you within the Koha project for many
> years and countless times, I'd like to bring forth the idea of having
> a fund-raising organization for Koha.
+1.

Right now I don't even know *how* to make a financial contribution to
some phase of the project.

Let me add the suggestion that whatever system is adopted include
provisions for targeted donations.

For example, as we're a research library, my Board might be willing to
contribute toward infrastructure or indexing, but not circulation or
e-book projects. If the only way to donate is to a general fund, the
uses of which are controlled internally (no matter how well), it could
discourage some donations.

Regards,
/ Bruce /
Bruce A. Metcalf
Library Director
The Augustan Society, Inc.

Note: The above is personal opinion, and may not reflect the Society's
official position.