[Koha] Add daemon mode to rebuild_zebra.pl on 3.18

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Thu Dec 11 23:04:05 NZDT 2014

Hi all,

Il 11/12/2014 00:05, Iming Chan ha scritto:
> Dear all,
>
> We have successfully upgraded to 3.18 and encountered a problem when tried
> to add daemon mode to rebuild_zebra.pl (bug# 6435, from 3.16).  Our IT
> person has supplied the following:
>
> [9:50:24 AM] Alexey - Neo Universe:
> root at ip-172-31-0-233:/usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools# ./rebuild_zebra.pl
> Can't locate C4/Context.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./rebuild_zebra.pl line 6.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./rebuild_zebra.pl line 6.

> Have we missed something?

Quite probably the problem is the enviroment.
I suggest not to use 'root' user to reindex, but 'koha'.
Attention if in the past you use 'root' to index, probably
the files of Zebra are under 'root' permissions so you have two
-- setup the correct permission with 'koha'
-- change root enviroment, adding
    export PERL5LIB=/path/to/your/koha/
    export KOHA_CONF=/path/to/your/koha-conf.xml

See
http://koha-community.org/faqs/zebra-indexing-wont-work-fix-it-aka-search-stuff-up-help/
for basic help.

In fact many of your problem are present because you don't access to
command line.
The setup that you describe is:
You (librarian) only on web and here on mailing list
Your IT guru only on commnad line and not on mailing list.

My suggestion is the ask to your IT guru to came here on mailing list
and he needs to read the manual and the INSTALL files.
Or, if you prefere, take in hand the command line and reserve IT guru
only for root.
With same strategic sudo (apache, zebra server, zebra indexer daemon)
you calls to IT gure will be very few; only email topics will be out.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

--
Dr. Zeno Tajoli
Soluzioni per la Ricerca Istituzionale - Automazione Biblioteche
z.tajoli at cineca.it
fax +39 02 2135520
CINECA - Sede operativa di Segrate