[Koha] Showing the last item checked out with AJAX circulation

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Dec 10 04:30:02 NZDT 2014

One of the issues we're having with the new AJAX circulation feature
is that we can't take advantage of the speed gains obtained by not
showing checkouts by default because we need confirmation that the
last item we scanned was successfully checked out.

Kyle has offered a patch for Bug 13315, " Add feedback for last item
checked out to circulation.pl" which updates the display so that a
message shows with information about the last item scanned. Here's a
screenshot:

http://www.screencast.com/t/qNw2U3hwz

I think this is an important improvement, but I'm inclined to do
something less obtrusive:

http://www.screencast.com/t/1gsa2prF

...on the assumption that the visual aspect of checking out was
working fine before AJAX circ, and fixes to AJAX circ should look to
returning things to a proven-functional state.

However, always assuming that it was better before would prevent us
from making improvements, so I'd love to hear others' opinions --
especially from anyone who is running this feature in production.

Thanks,

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer