[Koha] Koha vs Liblime Koha

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Dec 5 10:17:35 NZDT 2014

On 5 December 2014 at 10:00, Jesse Lambertson <jlambertson at sqcc.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> We are about to set up our servers and technical services for our library
> here at the Cultural  Center.
>
> Changing offices and events have kept us very busy.
>
> But I was looking at the LibLime "version" of Koha and wondered, out of
> curiosity, what problems I might run into if I installed their version
> instead of the current stable version as hosted on the community wiki.
>
> Hi Jesse

One major point, is that the Liblime software is by their own admission not
Koha. It is based on Koha from about 2008/2009.
It is also maintained by one company (Liblime) whereas Koha, is maintained
by many companies and volunteers worldwide.

Of course this being the Koha list, we would recommend Koha.

Chris