[Koha] Koha language field in mysql tables...

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 02:27:41 NZST 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Layale Bassil <lb26 at aub.edu.lb> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am writing an SQL query to return the records in my Koha catalogue
which are in Arabic (language code = ara). But I am not being able to know
the database column and table where the language is stored? When importing
into Koha, there is the "041" field that holds language info and field
"008" location 35-37 that also holds the language code.

> Can you please tell me how can I query records written in a specific
language?

I think for MARC21 the cataloguing language is on 040$b.
You can query for a specific language using this MySQL syntax (this one
would be for spanish):

SELECT
  biblionumber
FROM biblioitems
WHERE
  ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="040"]/subfield[@code="b"]') =
'spa' ;

You can LEFT JOIN this to the biblio table so you can show title, author,
etc.

Take a look at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library for
further references.

--