[Koha] Help -- 100% CPU utilization running Koha

Iming Chan imingchan at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 22 13:24:29 NZST 2014

Dear all,

We are currently running Koha 3.16.01 and lately noticed sluggish with the
software response, including waiting say 10 to 15 seconds for screen to
change at times.  Last night, I noticed the CPU utilization is running at
100% on Koha instance (Amazon AWS is hosting our Koha) for last few days.
Whereas days prior, it would be at under 20%, with spike at rare occasions.
No other application being hosted with Koha!

Looking back, our use of Koha hasn't change, except adding a few OPAC User
JavaScripts (opacuserjs) to customise the look and feel of our OPAC.

Is the high CPU utilization is caused by adding a few JavaScripts?  Or
something else altogether??

Hoping someone can help solve this issue.

Kind regards,

Iming Chan
Melbourne, Australia

-----