[Koha] Check-in failed

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Aug 21 02:43:17 NZST 2014

> I have checked out some books for testing purposes and now
> when I try to check them in I get a message that says Check-in
> failed under the Patron->Details->Checkout tab. What would
> cause this and where can I find more detailed information?

Checking in items from the checkouts tab (either on the check out page
or the patron detail page) is not recommended if you want detailed
information about why something cannot be checked in or renewed. The
interface simply does not have any way of showing you more
information.

To find out more about a specific checkin, submit the barcode on the
actual check-in page (circulation/returns.pl). You should get more
detailed information there.

Once you find out more about why the item couldn't be checked in we
might be able to provide information about why nothing was logged.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries