[Koha] Fatal error on rebuild...

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Sat Aug 9 17:25:58 NZST 2014

Layale Bassil schreef op vr 08-08-2014 om 11:34 [+0300]:
> Once I faced this same problem but had to empty the database and
> re-enter all the data again! I do not want to redo this now. do you
> have any sugestions?

I would remove the zebra database (not the mysql one!) and reindex it.

That is, actually delete the files so they're recreated from scratch. I
suspect that running out of disk space caused something to get corrupted
that it can't recover from.

You haven't told us how you installed Koha, but assuming it's using the
packages, you can delete /var/lib/koha/*libraryname*/biblios
and /var/lib/koha/*libraryname*/authorities, then recreate them with

sudo koha-create-dirs *libraryname*

followed by rebuilding them with:

sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v --full *libraryname*

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.