[Koha] reply from poster of "Koha on virtual machine" question

Shelley & Kurt Kemperman ksckemperman at chartermi.net
Thu Aug 7 14:35:43 NZST 2014

Thanks for all of the replies to our IT guy's question. H e has registered himself on the mailing list, but cannot post yet so asked me to post this reply.

Thanks to ever one for your input.  I really appreciate the feedback I got from everyone.  This has given me the assurance it is worth seriously considering.  I haven't fully made up my mind where my target for the server will be but I am definitely certain I will be going the virtualization route vs installing on new server hardware/HDDs.

In case you have to know which way I am leaning - I am about 80% certain I am going to try VMware Fusions on a Maverick 10.9.4 desktop.  Other option is a Xsans server but I will need to do more research on the Xsans to see if it is feasible for our situation.  Given our small library and light demands on the Koha server I feel reasonably confident with this setup for a production environment.

Lastly - I will keep notes on the install and report back on the success of the event.  Thanks again.

Peter Reno