[Koha] cross-links in analytics

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Fri Aug 1 03:08:55 NZST 2014

Hi--

I am probably misunderstanding something here, but our "parent" records do
link to the "children" in both our staff client and in our opac.  E.g., our
record for Sea Stories Magazine:

http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=27435

Has as part of this display, "Analytics: Show analytics
<http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=Host-item:Sea%20stories%20magazine.>
"

And if you click on "Show analytics," a browse list of all the
analytic/child records is displayed. The parent record does not contain
links to the children in the MARC record--there are no 774's in the parent
record--they don't seem necessary.  We're on 3.16 supported by ByWater
Solutions, and I'm sorry but I don't remember if this is a customization on
their part, or if it's tied to some standard feature.  We do love this
linking, though!

Cheerio!
heather
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
heather_hernandez at nps.gov
415-561-7032 (voice)       415-556-3540 (fax)
http://www.nps.gov/safr/historyculture/museum-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg