[Koha] Possible APP development

Miller, Tim Tim-Miller at Redwoods.edu
Fri Apr 18 08:09:46 NZST 2014

That loan period is a really good idea, Viktor- it's like Bookmobile loans but with carry-out!
If we could figure out a way to automatically set up this kind of alternative loan period based on the patron's address (e.g. longer loans for people living 20+ miles away), that'd be brilliant. Our staff already often make this type of exception to folks who live prohibitively far away, so it'd be better to have it as an actual policy and coded into Koha.
But I'm not sure I am comfortable with 'as long as you like'... maybe two/three x's the normal loan period or equal to the max renewal period. In my experience, no due date = lost under the sofa/pile of dirty laundry. ;o)

Tim Miller
Library Technician
College of the Redwoods Library
7351 Tompkins Hill Rd.
Eureka, CA 95501-9300
(707) 476-4256

-----Original Message-----
From: Koha [mailto:koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz] On Behalf Of HOWES, Steve
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:05 AM
To: 'koha at lists.katipo.co.nz'
Subject: Re: [Koha] Possible APP development

* Create new rules that guarantees a patron a certain loan period but allows them to keep the book for as long as they like as long as no reserves are made. Contact the patron when somebody places a hold on the title with a ”Others have requested the book, and you now have X days to return it”.

This functionality is something our senior management are interested in regardless of an app :-)

Best Wishes,
Steve