[Koha] Item availability status

Steven Nickerson snicker1 at maine.rr.com
Thu Apr 3 08:50:05 NZDT 2014

Hi everyone,

   Can anyone tell me where the item availability status on the search
results page comes from, specifically if a search yields more than one match
and shows the results in the summary format?   After a recent migration from
Athena to Koha 3.14.03, I'm seeing "1 item, 1 available" for ALL of my
search results, but some of the items are actually checked out and if I
click on the title of the item to get the details I then see that it is
indeed checked out.  This is only happening in the Staff Client and not in
the "public"/OPAC  search results.  So I'm trying to figure out why the
"summary" results don't show the correct availability.  I must have missed
updating some field in Koha during my data migration that Koha uses to check
"summary" availability status versus the "detailed" view.

Thanks in advance!

Steve