[Koha] emails with koha

Ketan Kulkarni ketan404 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 02:57:04 NZDT 2014

Dear Experts,

Issue: Our Koha server is unable to send email notification for any
activity done (e.g. check-in/check-out)

Requirement: Every action such as check-in/check-out should send an email
notification to the patrons.

Environment Overview:

·         We have Koha 3.14 with Debian O.S.

·         Microsoft Exchange 2010 server

·         Configured A.D. to Koha using LDAP

o   Our domain users are able to login into the OPAC and Admin pages

o   This means the LDAP is configured successfully

Attempts:

·         Tried Sendmail (no email is sent)

·         Configured Postfix (email can be sent to gmail, hotmail, etc.)

o   Emails are going only through the terminal (mail -v test at gmail.com) but
not through check-in/check-out

·         Configured Postfix with SMTP (no email is sent)

Would appreciate your valuable inputs and suggestions.

Many Thanks !