[Koha] Voting for the Kohacon 2014 location

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Sep 25 04:37:51 NZST 2013

Le 24/09/2013 17:48, Galen Charlton a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com
> <mailto:paul.poulain at biblibre.com>> wrote:
>
>     To avoid a misunderstanding this year, could we explain now how will the
>     poll work ?
> There are only two choices this year -- what way would establishing a
> points scheme matter?  Whichever bids gets the larger number of first
> place votes would win -- and how could it be otherwise?

well, last year way of calculating could result in the following :
 * 100 ppl voted Argentina #1 and Nigeria #2
 * 90 ppl voted Nigeria #1 only
 * none voted Argentina #1 or (Nigeria #1 and Argentina #2)

Nigeria = 90*2+50*1 = 230 points
Argentina = 100*2 = 200 points
=> Nigeria wins !

So yes, explaining how the results are calculated matters. And mirko
explained, I'm fine with any option, as long as it's clearly stated. And
it is.

--
Paul POULAIN - Associé-gérant
Tel : (33) 4 91 81 35 08